So I am stealing 'anti-procrastination day' from the
fly-lady, but it is a good idea as I seem to have all these menial tasks that I
never want to do. So today I filled all my water storage bottles, vacuumed the stairs, sorted the kids clothes that need to go into storage and
actually put them away! (hmmmm novel!) The lame thing about all this is: all 3 things took less than and hour and they have been on my list for weeks and weeks!
Sooooo....what have you been putting off? Go do it now!
6 comments:
This is such an interesting post to me because I have been doing exactly the same thing with several things I need to do. I have a real thing with my desk being messy and I work hard at keeping up with the paper. However, last night at 10:30 I had to clean it up. I made about 10 files with work stuff, bills, pictures I want to scan, pictures I want to give away, thank you notes I need to write, etc. None of the stuff will take that long but it has just been accumulating as I have been busy doing other things at my desk. (No comments on my new fun hobby..ok?)
The thing I love is what you said about it being so easy once you got to it and only took a little time.
One thing that I know is true is that we usually spend more time and energy thinking about the things we are dreading than we do actually doing them. I have noticed this gets worse for me as I get older. Maybe I am just not as driven to keep to a schedule as I was. It finally dawned on me that I will never be done until I die.
Anyway, it is good you dug in...I plan to get all my paper work done this week. One day at a time. Love you..Mom
So much to do, I am doing some major getting rid of things----it is BEYOND time~
I like flylady too! However my problem is I'd rather be doing other things. What's your advice to be motivated to just go do it now? That's where I get stuck...
Ooh, I already did one thing I'd been putting off for awhile - I went and got my library reimbursement from the city (and it was seriously painless, and I'm now $60 richer). Now I should probably tackle my pantry. Not sure that one's going to be so painless, but it needs to be done!
organized my sock and belt drawer! thanks jen!
Julia is so sweet!
Post a Comment