Piper's class is doing a unit on Native American Tribes. They each have to do an extensive report on a tribe that they choose. She chose the Inuits so we have been learning all about the Eskimo culture. For her project she and Julia & Lowell went and built an igloo and spent the night in it. Here are a few pictures.



The igloo took about 1o hours to build so they did that over 3 days and then went back the next weekend to camp out.
Here are Piper and Julia at the snow camp. Lowell dug the table out from under several feet of snow so they could use it.
Here is the finished Igloo! It is pretty sturdy and looks great!
More digging to get down to the ground so they could build a fire. They all said they weren't too cold, they had good sleeping bags and candles in the igloo to keep them warm. Lowell said it was a little crowded in the igloo but other than that they had a pretty good night.
Julia was pretty pooped after a snowshoe hike and all the work on the igloo.
6 comments:
Jenn,
How wonderful to hear from you too. I linked to your blog & Laura's from your mom's. I love this blogging thing, I have so much more to learn but I am babystepping it. Hey your family is amazing, you look FABULOUS! I am so glad to know things are doing so great for you. Even in the challenges you find the strength & the blessings. I love to hear about your family. I am not sure how to add your blog to mine, I will have to wait for Deanna to help me with that. I hope we stay in touch. Hey I want to ask you about your no sugar choice, I want to know how you are doing it & what things you are doign in it's place. Hey they really slept in the iglo? That rocks, what a cool thing to be able to do. LOVE IT, take care & stay in touch with me. Love Marianne
That is SOOOOO awesome. What an incredible family memory. My kids are looking at your blog as I am reading it, and they are dying to go snowboarding and to build an igloo. I don't think it will happen this year!!!!
Just further proof that there is never a dull moment at your house! How do you keep up with it all?
It is all so amazing and Dad is green with envy! I can just feel for Lowell wrapped around the edge of the igloo while the girls are spread eagle! Having slept with them often I know the routine! Burr! Like sleeping on a popsicle.
That is so cool! We love to see another family with all girls do the "boy" things! Are girls all love camping. We have yet to brave the snow camp though...
Where in CA did you grow up? I grew up there too!
Jessica R
I can just imagine how much fun it was.
Post a Comment