
Here are a few products I've discovered over the last few months, several of these are things we got for Christmas, some are things friends have recommended and I thought I'd pass them on. Others are just things I have found in my travels around town.
Celestial Seasonings English Toffee Dessert Tea is a really 'sweet' treat and a great alternative to dessert if you are trying to live more healthfully. It is herbal & caffeine free and sugar free (both naturally). They have
several other flavors but this is the only one I've tried. ($4.00/20 bags)

The iPhoto custom photo albums are just about my favorite thing on the planet. This my answer to scrapbooking. It's easier, cheaper, they look nicer and they are about 1/10th of the size of a scrapbook so they are easier to store. They printing quality is top notch and you can add journaling and captions. There are several dozen 'themes' to choose from so you can have different looks for different albums. You can get hardback or soft bound in a range of prices. You can also make calendars. Skip the glue sticks and the cropping parties and get an iphoto book. ($9.99 + shipping & up)

The Plasma Car is a little gift that Chloe got from Santa this year. It was the hit of Christmas at our house and is still the favorite with all the visitors. This thing is kind of a scientific wonder and you can read all about how it works on their site. It has a video too so you can see it in action. It propels itself with no motor or batteries or pedaling. This is another toy that I hope Hazel will be able to use since you only need your hands to work it. ($70.oo/check e bay before paying retail)
The Bumbo Baby Seat is my favorite new baby gadget. It is an amazing molded foam seat that a baby as young as 3 months can sit up in. Since Hazel is going to be delayed in that area anyway, this is a perfect solution for us. She can sit in it and feel like she's hangin' with the fam. It's orthopedic quality and recommend by Physical and Occupational Therapists. ($30.00 but worth it)
Valentine bowls. I felt guilty about buying these right after Christmas but then I remembered Laura's post about the importance of eating dinner together as a family each night. This is something that we are pretty good about but we are eating on paper plates at the bar more than I want to admit. So I thought $12 was a good investment in my girls and motivating me to make family dinner a little more 'special'. The idea here is that cute plates will make me want to actually set the table :)! (Target/1.99)

Huggies Green Tea and Cucumber Wipes.
If you like scented wipes these are a really great scent.

Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Jasmine Vanilla Hand Soap! I really cannot tell you how much I love this soap. I just makes me happy and it's a total splurge but I don't care--I love it. I wish the blog were 'scratch and sniff ' so you could know for yourself how magical this scent is. ($6-20.oo depending on size and product)

The Bulid-a-Bear Wheel Chair. My big girls got really into Build-a-Bear when we made one for Chloe before she was born in '05. The girls were having a little trouble understanding the idea that we were getting a baby sister but I wasn't pregnant. So we went one day and the kids got to 'make' a bear for the baby and it helped them connect a little with her and the idea of her adoption.
Anyway, since then they have made their own bears and we made one for Hazel while we were waiting for her to be born and living thru the trauma of her pregnancy. The last time we went in there I saw this little wheel chair and I had to get it! Sorry but anything in miniature is too cute! We all know we're in for some big changes when Hazel gets her wheels and I thought this was a perfect 'play therapy' type thing for my kids.
Well, that is it for me on the product reviews. I'd love to hear about any great values or products you stumble upon!
6 comments:
Love to see what people are enjoying. The plasma car looks so awesome, and I love your new dinnerware! And who knew Build a Bear could be a therapeutic tool. That is fabulous!
We swear by the Bumbo! I've used it for my last two kids and LOVE IT. One of our favorite food items are uncooked flour tortillas. We buy them at Sam's Club. I also am an herbal tea drinker. My indulgence with this is a tea for one set. I'll have to try English Toffee. My favorite is the Celestial Seasonings Red Pomegranate. It's made from Roobios which is also known as African Bush Tea. I like it, but I do add sweetener. My sweetener of choice is Xylitol which is a sugar alcohol (because of diabetes). I don't know if those are off limits for you?? Thanks for sharing your products!
Hi Jen,
I really want to try the tea and what are those now forbidden truffles you had from Sam's called? The red soap is to die for and I love that tiny wheelchair. I need one...don't ask me why, I just do. This is a dumb question probably but can you do an Imac book from a PC or is it only compatible with iphotos? Also I love the little pink chair for Hazel. She looks so cute and comfortable and included when she sits in it. Love your list of great stuff. Thanks
Jen, I'd love to have you join us for SHS! Just send me an e-mail to thelazyorganizer at yahoo dot com and I can answer your questions.
Lara Gallagher
I love your product reviews- the pictures are fantastic! I love the build-a-bear wheel chair too. My boys are very interested / concerned about Hazel and if / when she will need a wheel chair. I having something like this would be great- even for my guys. How has your search gone for books and other play things that help children become familiar with and better understand disabilities? I'd love to know what you have found!
luv the wheelchair. That soap is delicious too. Must try the tea. Sounds yummy.
Post a Comment