Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Sugar Free Jen

I've been off of sugar for a whole week and one day!  I feel really good and the tips that I got were absolutely right: 
  
#1 Don't worry about eating healthy the first week just stop eating sugar.   It was good to just focus this week on getting off the sugar and not about eating all the right things (or amounts). It's been wonderful to get the sweet taste out of my mouth!  Did you know that carrots are sweet??? Who knew?  

#2 Getting the sugar out of your system stops you craving other things too, especially carbs.  I had no idea this was going to happen and it is such a help to me in my over all health.

I got another great link from my fellow blogger Lazy Organizer about why sugar is ruining your health.  It's interesting and inspiring too.

My only complaint on the sugar issue is that I was hoping to feel less tired.  When I mentioned this, I was reminded that to not feel tired you have to actually sleep.  Since neither Lowell or I have had a full night sleep in over 7 years (since the day Julia was born to be exact) I guess I'm entitled to feel a little sleepy from time to time right?  Other than that, I'm so glad to have figured out something that seems to help in the food department.  It's such a personal thing but for me I think this is the ticket!

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I am so incredibly proud of you. I have been doing really well too since I had the flu. However, I really need to do this no sugar thing too! I think you are going to feel very healthy and live happily ever after!

Bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura.elizabeth said...

Good work Jen! It is tough but I think you are right, it is worth it! I too, am convinced that sugar (and sugar substitutes) sabotages good health. I love your sugar free days record. I think it is a great way to reward your hard work and achievement!

Bonnie said...

Right on JJ...when I'm good and not sucking up sugar I feel better also. I love you sugar-free or not.
Love, Dad

Lara said...

You're doing great! I also wish I was feeling better but I don't know if it's me or the pregnancy. Give it a little longer because I know I'm not as tired when I'm off sugar. I can get by on six hours of sleep instead of nine!