Piper turned 9 this week and we've kinda had a week of celebrating even though we've had a few other things going on! She had a party with her school friends on Saturday and that was really fun. It was nice to meet all the girls that she talks about all the time and spends so much time with. We were hoping to get together with some cousins and family friends too but...we'll see what happens.
Since Lowell and Hazel were still camped out at Primary's we decided to have the party over there. We brought up the presents and the cake and had a 'special' dinner at the cafeteria.
(or maybe it was Gramma Jo) making me a cake like this when my
birthday fell near Easter one year. I'm pretty sure the one I got as a
kid was cooler than this, at least I remember it being cooler!
This is about as crafty as it gets for me with the cooking.
7 comments:
Love the cake, Miss Martha! How blessed you are to have all those sweet girls. Just think of all the incredible girltime you can have when they grow up. Thank heaven for little girls! They are all so precious!
You are Superwoman, throwing a party in the midst of everything else you have going on! The cake turned out fantastic. I can't believe Piper is 9 - didn't I just have her in nursery a couple of years ago?!
Happy Birthday My Piper Poolezla.
It is hard to believe that our little Scottish Princes is nine years old!!
You are a delight to all of us and we wish you a wonderful ninth year.
I love you so much! I wish I could be there with all of you guys. We would do some cooking, and hiking, cleaning, and car-pooling (99!!), and just have fun together. Well some time soon. I will give Spencer and Ross and big huge from you when we see them in Italy.
Thank you for being such a good big-sister and helpful daughter and !!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Love the birthday hat! And the cake is darling! The picture of you with your girls is precious!
Jen, you look fantastic~love the red! You just look radiant in that picture that I have already pirated to my blog...whoops. All the photos are just so good and so happy and reassuring with little Hazel looking pretty darn good for all she has been through. And you..I cannot get over how fab you look...are you sure you haven't been aways at a spa somewhere for the weekend? Miss you like crazy!
Your cake looks just like the one Gramma Jo and Grampa Ross made for you when you turned four. You have a photographic memory! Amazing cake!
Wow, what fun. It looks like Piper had a great day! Our gift to her is in the mail- I hope it arrives soon. It is more than unpredictable but let me know when you get it.
Post a Comment