Friday, March 14, 2008

Hazel Update: 3/14/08

Thanks so much for all of your comments, calls, help and support.  We love you guys!

We have had an OK couple of days with the new set up.  Lowell is content to be at the hospital with his laptop and WiFi, helping with Hazel and trying to get some sleep here and there.  Hazel is starting to feel a little better and they have actually found a problem! She seems to have some kind of bacteria in her intestinal track.  Luckily it is quite common and treatable so they are assuming that this is what the problem has been all along and they are treating her for it.  They thought she might have had a bowel obstruction but the X ray from today showed that she was all clear so...who knows what that means at this point.

Things at home are going pretty well too.  It was strange to be home today, just Chloe and me, but it felt right to be with her and Lowell to be with Hazel.  I think this set up will work much better for us as long as Lowell can get a fair amount of work done while Hazel sleeps.

Anyway, I'm not sure when she'll be home yet.  I'm guessing Monday but, we'll see.  Thanks for everything and we'll keep you posted!

Jen

6 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad they have found the true root of the problem, and am so glad it doesn't involve surgery!!! I love you guys, and you will be in our thoughts and prayers until Hazel and your family are all reunited at home!!!! Which I hope is VERY soon!

D and C said...

You guys are in our prayers. You are MOM OF THE YEAR Jen, Your strength in all of this totally inspires me. You are awesome!!!

Bonnie said...

Jen I know you are up in SLC with Lowell and Hazie J tonight and I hope things are going well. I am sorry that what they found was what the meds caused and now they still have to find the original problem. They will, Honey, and this will be better soon. I know you are worried and frustrated and eager to have your precious baby feeling better and your routine back. It is coming~be patient and faithful! Dad & I are praying constantly for you all.

V and Co. said...

thanks jen for letting us know, we'll still keep you all in our prayers. lots of love your way from us!

Julie said...

My friend your family is in my prayers.

laura.elizabeth said...

I am so glad they found the cause and we will pray that you get home soon! All our love and prayers.