Well guys....we are back at Primary's! We have the exact same situation that we had last time (1/30-2/6/08). She has a high fever and they have no idea what's wrong. She is really miserable and sad and that's the worst part for me. Lowell is up there with her now and he says that they finally decided to start her on some meds and that seems to be helping her calm down and get some sleep. So she is doing better since I was with her this afternoon so that's good.
Lowell and I are so overwhelmed with how to handle this situation in the long term. Hazel's been in the hospital part of every month but November since she was born and as you can imagine it's not only hard on the heart strings, it's hard on the family, the routine, the job etc. The big kids seem to be getting used to it and feel less worried about Hazel and more worried that mom and dad aren't ever home when she's away. We are really trying to figure out a way to cope with extended hospital stays over the next few years (3 to be exact, we are counting the minutes 'till we have a babysitting age kid!). We just want to still be a self contained unit while she's in the hospital. Part of the difficulty is having a toddler, she isn't very good at being in Hazel's hospital room without touching every blasted thing in there. She's also not too fond of Lowell and I being away for days at a time. Sooooo...the current plan is for Lowell to be with Hazel during the day with his laptop so he can work remotely while I stay home during the day and keep the home fires burning and the routines in place as much as possible. Then he comes home at night, I go up and have a little sleepover with the baby and we hold our breath till we go back to 'normal' (whatever that may be).
We appreciate all of your help and thought and prayers and notes and such. I really, really hope and pray that this once-a-month visit to the hospital ends soon because it is hard on everyone. We are so grateful to you all. Thanks for your help and support!
Jen and Lowell
9 comments:
Jen and Lowell,
You guys are amazing! What strength and faith you have been blessed with. Chloe came by with Kim today and she is precious! I can't wait to have her in class next year. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. If you need anything please let us know, or let Kim know and she can let us know!
We hope Hazel is on the road to recovery soon.
PS I hope you remembered your hospital bag!
oh jen! it just aches me to hear this! you are one of the most amazing people i know! you and your family are in our prayers, i wish i could be there closer to help! you were always there for me when i needed you and now i wish i could do the same for you! just know that we are thinking and praying for hazel and your fam. we love you!
Jen, I love you and I am so sorry! I know this is hard on everyone! I imagine the uncertainty of the situation is as hard and as tiring as the added travel time to and from the hospital and the lack of quality sleep. We will pray for you and Lowell and the girls to have the strength to endure the hardship. I know it sounds trite but I have learned through my own trials that there is blue sky behind every grey cloud! So keep your head up, Jen... your blue skies are coming!
Jen, it must be so frustrating to not know what is causing this---I am so sorry---we are praying for you guys. It must be so hard not to be with Hazel during the day, but also so hard to not be around all the other kids. I am praying, praying, and praying some more. I love you, Laura
Jen, I feel your pain and want you to know that I am here to mourn with you and comfort you. I wish I could say I could empathize and I understood, but I can only imagine how hard it is for you an your family. I do have compassion and I love you tons and will continue to pray for you and your family and baby Hazel. What a doll she is! You are amazingly strong and I never cease to marvel at all you do and you do it so well. I miss seeing you. I wish I could be there to take care of the girls. I would do it in a heartbeat and my kids would love it! Love, Lisa
Jen and Lowell, I wish I could be there to help out with the girls. I know how worried and frustrated you are. I love the picture of Hazel sitting in her little pink chair - she is really a cutie!! Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all.
Jen, I really hope this isn't the norm for your cute family, hospital every month! We will keep all of you in our prayers! Hope Hazel can come home soon! Heavenly Father knows you can get through this and be stronger, He will calm you and your family!
keep thinking about you guys, prayers going out your way every day!
So...I dont leave the house much and I also have a toddler your toddler could play with...You could seriously bring her by whenever you need to jet with Hazel...you know where I live!
Post a Comment