Friday, April 25, 2008

Noah & His Lemonade

Well....if you can believe it we had another flood! For those of you that don't know us well, we are almost professionals at flooding our own house. Last year in May we had the biggest and worst one yet where we had to replace almost all of the flooring on our main floor. That is a lot of flooring when you live in a rambler.

How is it possible that we had another flood, you may be asking yourself? It was a toilet again although a different one than the flood of '07. It was the malfunctioning inner-workings of the main hall bath toilet....what can I say? We're lame? We have bad luck? We need new toilets? We're going with answer #3 and have already ordered 3 brand new Toto Drake G-MAX 16 inch toilets. The best toilets around, made in Japan and recommended by plumbers. Can't wait to get those things installed and put the flood days behind us.

So here is a photo of the hall that they had to come rip out. We had fans and dryers and anti-microbial machines for days and needless to say I was pretty grumpy. Lowell almost blew a gasket--I seriously saw smoke coming out of his ears.


As a gesture of pure goodwill and friendship Traci gave me this 'cheer-up' gift and it totally made my day. The pitches says: "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party!"

The funniest part of this (besides the fact that neither of us drink) is that in Utah you have to go to the state liquor store to get vodka so Traci went in there with all the riff-raff to get this and was quite the spectical trying to 'fit in'! I love it! Fun and funny!

4 comments:

Laura said...

So great, you may want to keep the "vodka" for a future regift! Oh, I guess you have all those recipes too. If not, is Amy's birthday coming up? Just kidding!

Sally said...

That sucks! At least your kids weren't responsible for it! And LOVE the gift from Traci...when are we having girls' night again??

Does homeowners insurance cover any of that? I sure hope so!

Bonnie said...

Laura and Robert have had two floods lately too with their washer. Bummer for everyone! I am happy it is not as bad as last time!

the Token Asian said...

Hey- we could really amp up the next girls party...or is it partaaay?!