Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Poll: Countertops


Are these my countertops??  No- I wish!  My countertops are old, ugly, worn out, CHEAP laminate!  I won't even waste your time with a photo, it is too ugly to behold.  So we are finally getting new countertops.  We've had these for about 5 years now and they were ugly and old when we moved in.  The clincher though is that we have a nailhead popping thru the laminate where it was not properly counter sunk into the cabinet before they installed the counter. Really nice and classy!  

Anyway, I have a poll on my side bar so vote and tell me what countertop you have and how you like it.  If you have something other than the choices I listed leave me a comment and tell me all about it!  I want something fab so let me know your opinion!

7 comments:

girlsmama said...

We have Corian. It's nice. I think I'd prefer granite. My SIL is building right now and they are going to put in concrete counter tops.

mom_of2boys said...

I think you described our countertops! I hate ours too...and they are an awful blue color.

Vanessa said...

I've only ever had laminate, and they're okay. Not gorgeous, but okay. I really don't know what I could pick if I could pick anything. Good luck with your decision!

Chanelle said...

I have laminate right now that looks ok, but then a chemical got on it and burned a little spot. I still have no idea what it was but I'm so glad that nothing worse happened! I would love beautiful counters, too!

Lara said...

I have black silestone and love it! It doesn't have to be sealed like granite does. We only have a small piece of it which is a good thing because it is expensive! It was $1000 just for our tiny piece!

Veggiemomof2 said...

We are getting ready to remodel our kitchen & I have already picked out the laminate you have shown, only in a dark green speckled color. Right now we have a moderately priced brown on the island that has been ok. It's durable.

I had a corian sink given to me for the bathroom & we didn't keep it long. I hated it..it discolored easily & was SO hard to keep clean looking!

Lisa Pereira said...

We had an old 1980s kitchen when we moved in 5 1/2 years ago. A year ago we did a kitchen facelift, as we couldn't afford to remodel. So, we sanded and painted the cabinets a cream color, got a large deep stainless steel sink and faucet (I LOVE the sink), replaced the hardware with brushed nickel, and pulled up the white marbeled tile with dark brown grout and had prefabricated granite put in. I LOVE our granite. It is light and warm in browns and creams. We also considered concrete which I love, too...maybe my next house. Long comment, I know, but I just am so excited for you. Good luck and let us know what you choose!