Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Mom


My mom has been here helping me dig myself out of the pit I was in with kids, house, doctor appointments and summer looming like a giant title wave just off the shore.  It's been great to have another adult around to absorb some the kids energy and needyness.  

She is getting me all set up for summer!   She found me a 'mothers helper' that is going to help with the big kids when Hazel has to go to all her appointments.  She got me to go to the doctor (my first real visit since Hazel was born!  yikes.), she took me to get my nails done and did my laundry.  She's been helping the big kids feel a little less neglected in the wake of Hazel's ordeals. She's letting Lowell and I go on our first real date in almost 8 months!  She took me on a fun girls night and I got to shop and buy a few clothes without an entourage!  It was the best Mother's Day ever having my mom here and all my girls!

Thanks mom!  There are still things that only a mom can fix!  Love you!

8 comments:

Laura said...

How great to have your Mom there! Sounds like you and your family got some refreshment. You should bring your camera on your date after 8 months------I am seeing a great blog entry!

Bonnie said...

Jen, it is so nice to be here with you and the family. I love it~can't wait til we finally get up here. Yo made my Mother's Day extra special too! Have a fabulous time on your date tonight!

Sally said...

How wonderful! I'm emotional lately and your post made my tear up. I love moms!!! Glad you got to have all that time with her and a date with your hubby!

girlsmama said...

Aren't mom's the best? Even when you're already a mom? I'm glad you've had a little bit of a break. Enjoy your date!

the Token Asian said...

Yeah Mom!

D and C said...

That is so true. I sometimes feel silly about feeling that way, but it really is true. Your Mom just knows how to make things better. AFter all, our Mom's have been doing it for a while now! lol!! I am so glad she is there to be with you. I wish I was near to lend a hand, you are SUPER WOMAN in my book!!!

V and Co. said...

yes your mom is awsome!

Lisa Pereira said...

I've always loved your mom and miss the closeness we had in high school. I still love you guys tons and am glad your mom could be there with you. Moms are fantastic.