I know a lot of you are following our little saga on my mom's blog but if not, here's the update. I also need to get it in here for my own record.So we went home from PCMC on July 10th, at the time I knew she wasn't better but I couldn't convince the docs and she was looking much better clinically so home we went. It took her about 3 days to get back up to a 103 fever so we were readmitted and the decision to taker her off of all her meds was made.
One of the problems we've had this whole year is her being admitted to PCMC pretreated with AB's. It just means that no matter what tests they run they don't show anything because the AB's are already working. They try to make their best guess of the most likely cause of the fevers and see how she improves. As the situation accelerated it became clear that they needed to get some tests run that did not contain any AB's--hence the decision to take her off of all the meds. The thought that she may be having an allergy to one of the meds was also a theory.
Since being off of the meds this week she has had lots of blood work done and also a CT scan, abdominal ultrasound, bone scan, shunt tap, EKG and UA. All came back normal! Her fevers have gone up and seem to be accelerating so they are assuming that the problem is not an allergy to meds. Tomorrow she is having her first MRI. I have high hopes for this since we've never had one before. By 'high hopes' I mean that we can find the problem and that it is very treatable. I'm getting more worried as time goes by and more and more 'normal' things are being eliminated as the possible answer.
This Wednesday we'll have been here for 4 weeks (minus the 3 days we were home). We've had so much help from both of our sets of parents. My mom has been here for weeks and Lowell's parents have been back and forth to LV a few times now. We've had tons of friends, neighbors and family helping with kids and meals. Thanks so much for your help, thoughts, prayers, phone calls and comments.
5 comments:
What a sweet picture!
You are in our prayers. I hope they find the problem and a solution soon.
Oh Jen! 4weeks!!!! What a way to spend summer, I'm sorry they haven't found the cause yet and I hope they do it soon! I'm glad you've had a lot of help from family and friends! We'll keep praying for your family!
We are thinking about you and I love the sweet pic.
poor little hazie. i'm glad though that she is off the meds so you can eliminate some other stuff now. our prayers are with you guys! love ya!
Were here if you need anything! The girls would love to have the girls over again! We'll keep praying.
Post a Comment