Monday, August 25, 2008

Olympic Games 2008: Beijing

I felt like I should post something about the Olympics since we spent an insane amount of time watching them this year. We usually don't but I guess that was due to not having cable. Anyway, we just fell in love with Michael Phelps and Shawn Johnson along with the rest of the country.
Lowell spent a few weeks in China in 2005 so it was great for him to see Beijing from another perspective. We loved the opening ceremonies and seeing all the amazing things they built for this huge event. It seemed so colossal and reminded us of the Olympic prep they did here for the 2002 games.

Go team USA! 111 medals all together--36 gold, 38 silver, 37 bronze!

Michael Phelps-8 Gold in Beijing, 16 medals career total!
Shawn Johnson-Gold Medal on Beam, 3 other silver medals in 2008The Redeem Team brought the Gold back to the USA where it belongs.
Didn't we invent BBall?

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

The Olympics are the only thing I really love to watch on TV. It is a sore subject with me whenever they are happening and I don't get to see them. I know I could have had the Dish add it but for extra money and a big hassle. I even looked on the Internet for solutions but just never did it. Bummer. I vow to watch the next winter Olympics though. As it turned out every day and night was filled up with other stuff anyway. So it goes here. I am so glad you had a chance to enjoy it all as a family. That is really great. There is something so neat about watching people achieve their goals in that way. It just sends the message that you can have and do anything if you work for it. And also that if you try your very best and someone else is a little better~that's OK too. You don't have to be the best to be your best.

girlsmama said...

We loved watching the Olympics together this year! The girls keep asking when they are going to be on again.