Friday, August 22, 2008

Pumpkin Day

You know how there was always a weird kid in your elementary school class that was obsessed with something like horses or model airplanes or whatever? Well...that is TOTALLY me but with pumpkins-I love them! I am so happy this year because I planted a tiny pumpkin patch and I actually have real live, fully ripened pumpkins in my yard right now! I have tried and failed to grow pumpkins for several years now but finally I have some just waiting to be picked!

Every year on September 1st (or fairly close to the first) I get out my pumpkin collection and it stays up until the day after Thanksgiving when we get out our Christmas stuff. My collection getting pretty big now and pumpkins big and small show up in almost all the rooms of my house. So we are sneaking up on 'pumpkin day' as I like to call it and I'm pretty excited! I'll post some photos when I get myself all decked out with pumpkins.

5 comments:

Laura said...

So Jen, you have got to tell us your pumpkin secret----how did you get them to grow this year. I have always had a hard time with pumpkins and REALLY want some next year. I need some of your magic!!!

april said...

I love pumpkins too (anything to do with Autumn really). This year I was able to get one tiny pumpkin to grow in my yard and it's actually turning orange!

Bonnie said...

I love all your pumpkins. Your house always looks so awesome and especially in the fall. Enjoy your time and season, Baby! Also that order for your clock went out yesterday...so be watching for it. It might even come in time for your anniversary. That would be great.

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh...I love the header! it is amazing! Beanie, you got talent, girl!

girlsmama said...

I can't wait to see your house! I'll bring you some pumpkin cookies in exchange for a tour! Now that I think about it, are you doing sugar again???