Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Football


I just love fall and I can't help but wonder if I'm missing out on a major element of what makes this time of year so fabulous: football. I wish I liked it, I'd love to go to a game and have fun like other people seem to but I just find it all an absolute bore. The teams, the rules, the players, the fanfare and just...well, the whole thing. I want to have a reason to bake football field cakes and football shaped rice crispy treats and stuff but I'm just not feelin' it. I can just imagine myself talking all about 'my team' and whatnot but...? It's just not there. What's that about?

Anyway to the rest of you football fans out there, I hope your season has started well and that you bake all the football shaped treats your little hearts desire!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Sad to say, little B is in football, and I still can hardly keep track of him in the game and get into it. I just get too easily distracted---although the conversations at the game are quite amusing as my husband has said, and the people watching is incredible. I think I have found my niche in this sport through those side sports rather than the actual sport. I dare say I would HATE a REAL game as there is not the point of reference in hearing/seeing people who you have seen all season saying certain things.

Bonnie said...

I am with you all the way...baby! Never could get it either. Wait a minute...did I do this to you?

I never could get inot all the hubbub and the and the big hoopla even in high where most people at least could fake it to be cool. I guess we are pretty lucky to have married men that don't seem to have an overwhelming interest either, huh? Imagine having to sit through that for months on end during the season? I can get behind going to a game once in a while just for the cool night air, the half time, the cheering etc...but I have to say my heart's not in it either!

laura.elizabeth said...

I hear ya Sista! I think it might be a Mattson thing?! But that is okay because there are LOTS of other things I love about fall. I am especially excited this year because I found five different Halloween candies Spencer can have. I think this year we might brave Trick or Treating. I haven't decided entirely but I am definitely leaning toward giving it a try!

girlsmama said...

I like football. We spent way to much money on season tickets for BYU. And it has been quite the season...I missed last weeks game because I couldn't find a sitter. Jarrod went by himself, we texted the whole game while I watched on TV and he watched in real-life. It was almost as good as being there. I was a cheerleader in high school, I only liked football season. I played powder-puff in full pads. I don't know why, I just like it. It might be the football shaped treats. :)

I however don't enjoy pro-ball. We are more the collegiate types...

Marilyn said...

This made me laugh. :) I guess we can't all be football fans . . .

Bonnie said...

I am cracking up at the time of day our family posted. It looks like we have more than football in common!
Holy Cow get some sleep, girls!

Danielle said...

I'm with you, i HATE football.. really all sports. Just can't figure out how so many people can be so interested in it.

Jenny said...

I've tuned in to bits and pieces of games this season (Jared's glued to them - just BYU, thankfully), but no football-shaped treats here.