Friday, November 21, 2008

Green Friday

I love retail therapy as much as the next person...ok maybe even more than most especially if a good deal is involved but I never have and hopefully never will participate in Black Friday.

This year I'm starting a revolution and calling it Green Friday. Please everyone get as far away as humanly possible from any retail establishment on the friday after Thanksgiving. Get out into nature and go green. Really do you prefer this:over this?:

Really? This green spot is really in Provo. It's on the west end of the Provo River trail by Utah Lake. Go green in '08!


6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Me either, no black Friday for me. But I hope Laura Wo....f will post her black Friday post again from last year. It was hilarious!

The Provo photo is gorgeous. We hope to see something equally as beautiful on Green Friday in Marin. So we are in!

girlsmama said...

I did black friday once and will never do it again. I'm all for green friday.

Brooke said...

I'm with you on Green Friday.
Our tradition is to go up and cut down our tree and we make two days of it.
That picture is gorgeous...I'm going to have to scout it out.

Laura said...

We will be in Park City this year, forcing me to "go green". Brandon probably planned this getaway to save us money---because of Black Friday. I not so secretly just LOVE black friday. Beautiful scenery though for the other 364 days of the year, just kidding!!!

Jim said...

Mom and I will be at one of the choicest spots on earth...Muir Woods just north of San Francisco. If all goes well we well be there as the park opens at 7am and walk the trails enjoying the peace that only nature can/does bring...then back to our hotel in San Rafael...a nap...a 15 mile bike ride along the SF Bay...a relaxing dinner of Mom's choice and ...well who know maybe I'll get lucky!!

Or...we could sit in traffic...so we can stand in line...so we spend $$$ we do not have...for things we do not need...hmm

I think I like your Green Friday idea,

Love, Dad

Sally said...

I've never done shopping on that day...

What a great picture though of the trail!