Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter with Fondant!

My friend Amanda taught me a little bit about making cakes with fondant. Here's my first attempt at learning how to use it--pretty good for a first attempt, no?

It might seem like I love to bake but...I think I've baked more in the last 3 months than the whole rest of my life put together. I don't even like cake that much...frosting--yes! Cake--not so much. It's just an excuse to eat the frosting!Here is Amanda's cake that she made while teaching me to do mine! (I couldn't get it to rotate! Sorry!)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Absolutely beautiful. You are getting very good at cakes, Jen! Teach me how to do this when I come up next, OK? Hope you had fun at your brother's tonight! Missed you all.

Sally said...

Looks gorgeous! I wish fondant tasted better though.

D and C said...

Those are AWESOME Jen. I have always wanted to learn to bake, but somehow I always burn EVERYTHING. I would totally love to come and see you if you aren't too busy one of these days. My cell is 925-639-6401. Give me a call if you get a chance. Hope you guys had a fantastic Easter!!!