Saturday, June 20, 2009

Bibbity, Bobbity, BACON!

Well, I should start my return to blogging with a big bacony Father's Day weekend shout out to my own Dad! Happy Father's Day dad! You're great and I love you.

This year at the Stewart's, Father's day is revolving around BACON. What guy doesn't love bacon? Even if you're trying to pretend that you don't love bacon, we all know that you really do!So for starters let's look a bacon craft the kids can make for dad on his special day. Above we have the bacon place mat. You can make one of your very own with the instructions I found on line. It's pretty simple, cheap and edible. What's not to love, right?

For people who want to spend a little more cash on dad we have one of my favorites: The Bacon of The Month Club by the Grateful Palate which was featured on NPR. This is--of course--where I heard about it (Gus, keep your hat on). This amazing gift features a monthly delivery of artisan bacon right to dad's door. How much will he be feeling the love? A lot. A lot of big, bacon wrapped love!

To complete my bacon-esque Father's Day trifecta may I add an ode to bacon by Jim Gaffigan. This man is a crack up and he's very clean so stick around and have a listen.
Happy Father's day to all the great dad's out there. We love you!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Bacon...Me want Bacon. Actually the Cookie Monster was originally an orange and brown 'Bacon Monster' but the producers gave in to pressure from the then new "health movement" and Cookie was born.

I love you Jen...You are the best daughter any father could have. You make me happy to be called "Dad"!

Love, Dad

laura.elizabeth said...

You are crackin' me up! And what is even funnier- you and Spencer are on the same wave length this year for Father's day. He planned an egg-stra special dinner for Robert- poached eggs, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, boiled eggs. It was... delightful. Perhaps I'll mention the bacon idea to him for next year.

Sally said...

All hail bacon! :) We LOVE Jim Gaffigan! He's hilarious!

Bonnie said...

The bacon club is rich with surprises...we have gotten two package already. Dad loved the t-shirt an pig snout...his kinda humor! The funniest part o all is the entire box smells like bacon. They must store them in the smoke house or something. He was scratching the bottom of the box looking for the bacon when he got the first box with snout, shirt and certificate. No bacon. Then the bacon arrived later the same day~yesterday actually. What a hoot or should I say oink?

Gail Victoria said...

I almost ran out and bought a pound of bacon.....my kind of morning!!

Anonymous said...

You said bacon or some form of the word bacon 12 times in this post. Rock on.