Friday, July 31, 2009

Mac-n-Cheese Perfection?

I've really been trying to perfect a mac-n-cheese recipe for a looooong time. Years. Really! But I think it is finally perfect!!

6 tbs butter (not marg.)
6 tbs flour
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1 tbs tobassco sauce
1 tbs mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspon pepper
2 cups milk
8 oz extra sharp cheddar, shredded (it MUST be extra sharp)
1 pound pasta elbows

Make a roux with the butter and flour in a sauce pan on medium heat. Add sauces, mustard, salt and pepper and mix it to a smooth paste. Add milk and continue stiring constantly until sauce has thickened--thicker than gravy, thinner than pudding. Stir in cheese and stir until melted. Remove sauce from heat and add to *cooked* pasta.

Place in a casserol dish and bake for 20 minutes on 300. You can also serve without baking. This recipe does not reheat well. Serve immediately.

Yum!!


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Laura said...

And my idea of gourmet was Kraft Macaroni and Cheese and using 2 packets of the cheese. I may have to rethink this one, and try this recipe since it is a FAVORITE of my husband.

Bonnie said...

No way! You did this on your phone? Did it take all day? I'll try the recipe...sounds good! Dad will be heading your way in the AM.