Monday, August 3, 2009

Musical Julia

Julia is determined to play the piano. She's been teaching herself to play by ear a little bit and Lowell has played a few duets with her. Tonight she held a concert in her own honor playing 4 songs she's picked up by ear: happy birthday, chopsticks, ode to joy and that one where you roll your knuckles over the 3 black keys. I know!! Child prodigy, right!? She's only 8! >feel the sarcasm<. I think well get her signed up for lessons this fall. What do you think?



Here she is getting ready for her concert.


Duet with Dad.

-- Post From My iPhone

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Julia -
How fun that you not only play the piano, but that you also like giving piano recitals. You go, girl!

Bonnie said...

Definitely a great idea. when they show the interest it is the time to strike.

Thanks for hosting the night owls the other night. Dad got home at midnight. Is already gone again...welcome to my life.

Mozzer said...

I believe this is how Mozart got his big break.

V and Co. said...

at least she wants to play. my boys are in piano and it's like pulling teeth!

laura.elizabeth said...

I Love it! I think we have a child prodigy at our house too. LOL Spencer has been taking guitar lessons for 6 months and he is still playing VERY simple songs. Anyway, he came to me the other day and said, "So mom, when am I going to get good at this?" As if it was just a matter of time and had nothing to do with how often or who well he practiced. Mama Mia- good thing I love the kids musical talent or not.