I've been married about 12 years and I have 4 amazing daughters (ages 11, 9, 5 & 3 ) they have each come to us is such unique ways that I wanted to start a blog to tell their stories. They are the reason I live and breath and they make me smile everyday!
I grew up in the SF Bay Area. I went to BYU and served a mission in the UK both too many years ago to matter at this point! I also taught school briefly before we moved to Scotland for a few years and started having kids. We have now lived in Utah for about 8 years and we really like it. Since we are both 'imports' to Utah it took some getting used to but I think we are finally settled and feel that this is a place to call home. We feel blessed everyday with the amazing gifts we've been given. Here is a quick synopsis of my little family:
This is my husband Lowell. He is super smart, super tall (6'8") and a super dad to our 4 girls. He loves traveling, hiking, cooking, films and all things technical (other than providing tech support!) He grew up in Chicago and also went to BYU. So far he's holding his own in a house with 5 females--we wish him the best of luck!
This is Piper-she's our oldest daughter. She just turned 11! How did that happen? She's named after my closest cousin that died of cancer in 1998. Piper loves reading, collecting recipes, snowboarding, art and writing. She is a fabulous helper to me and her dad. She helps around the house everyday and usually with only a minimum of complaining.
This is Julia. She loves music, cooking, clothes and school. She is turned 10 this year. She also really enjoys being the 2nd oldest (since the title of OLDEST has been taken) and being a big sister. She helps me all the time, I couldn't do it with out her!
This is Chloe our little miracle baby (age 5)! She loves all things sporty, water, noodles and books! We were given the privilege and honor of adopting her as a newborn in 2005. It was truly one of the most amazing and wonderful experiences of our lives. She gives all the sisters a run for their money since she is wild, loud and happy to be here!
This is Hazel, she's our youngest daughter and was born in September 'o7. She loves her sisters, her swing, rides in the car and walks in the stroller. She also has spina bifida and will never walk. She got her 'wheels' so watch out! She my mow you down one of these days. She is a joy and a blessing to have in our family.
4 comments:
Hazel is an absolute angel in her blessing dress. And the look on her face is just precious. What a sweetheart baby!
What a beautiful family you have!
Lowell,
You and your wife have a beautiful family. I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing how you're doing again. My wife and I are hoping to become adoptive parents as well. We've been married for 8 years now and nothing yet, so we decided to adopt after years of trying and some medical issues. Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.
-- Adam
Miss Jen...You are amazing! 2 adoptive girls? wow. Piper and Julia are so grown up too. We will totally be keeping up with you! You and Lowell still look great!
Post a Comment