I read 2 very interesting posts on this, I hope the authors don't mind if I link to them:
Spirit body/physical body by Lanette. Lanette is one of my moms best friends and lives in the ward I grew up in. She had the very terrifying experience of being one of my YW leaders (sorry Lanette. You were more than patient!) Anyway she is also a lifetime member of WW and is now in the business of helping people get healthy. She has a very insightful post on body image from her unique perspective. It's worth a read.
The F-Word...as in FAT. This is a NY Times article that is, at the very least, interesting and at best is insightful...also worth a few minutes to look at.
Another thing I stumbled upon this week is an interview on The View. They interviewed 2 British journalists that made a documentary called: 'Super-Skinny' Me (as in 'Super-Size' Me in reverse) about extreme dieting and the quest for size 0. ( Ha!?!) It's very anti-diet and it's an interesting look at what people go thru to look like Reese Whitherspoon or whoever is cool now. It's pretty scary!
Anyway, I just thought at the end of January as the New-Years-Resolution-Euphoria wears off, I'm going to need some motivation to keep me going. Hope these can inspire some of you too.
3 comments:
Thanks for the links, I really enjoy reading info on this topic, since it is my constant battle. Anyway, I had to tell you---did you see the slideshow your Mom did? So cute, I especially love the rainbow shirt you are displaying in one of the pictures. Those were the good 'ol days!!!
You are AWESOME!! I am actually working with Lanette right now, and she is freaking AMAZING!! Let me tell ya! She makes me believe in myself and she has already done so much to help me change my life style, I am still so weak, but I am still chugging!! LOL!! About my parents house...I know, its funny that NOTHING has changed....lol!!! I told my mom she needs to get your mom over to HELP HER!! LOL!! She needs hgtv to come make it over!! There is just something CREEPY about paneling! LOL!! Anyways...Your posts are awesome, thanks for the links!!! You are inspiring me!!! 21 DAYS!!! sugar free!!! THAT IS CRAZY! I am so looking up to you right now!!!
I feel so honored to be mentioned on your fabulous blog!! You were not a terrible teenager - you were (and are) a woman who knows what she wants! Great job on the weight loss! WW is the only way to go - plan on staying with healthy habits for the rest of your life and you'll do it! (Deanna - thanks for the sweet words) You guys have no idea how amazing you are!! I'm here for you if you need a coach or cheerleader!!
Post a Comment