Monday, January 7, 2008
Inspiration
Well...so many of my friends are making great strides with their health so in the spirit of January I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon. I have always known that I have a major sugar addiction so my first goal for the month of January is to stop eating sugar! Ahhhhhh! I'm scared but after some on line research and deep pondering, this seems to be the root of my problems. The link above has some good tips and I am quite inspired by a friend of mine that stopped eating sugar back in November. Well...I'll let you know how it goes. The first week is hell I've heard so here we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This is very weird but I did the same thing starting today. Also started walking again. One day at a time...start small and keep going is what Lanette always says. Little changes can have big results. She lost 65 pounds a year ago and is keeping it off. You go, girl!
Good job! It is great to have friends with similar goals. We can all encourage each other!!!! Give me any good tips, I can use them!!!
The Wii (pronouced We) is that new computer game system that is hot right now---it is so much fun; well worth the money. I just love that instead of silent, non-interactive play, this video system creates movement, involvement with others, etc. It is worth it's weight in gold. Your girls, family, Lowell, would LOVE it. We will have to invite you over for a test run!
I just read the link about the sugar. Very interesting and very true I am guessing. Thanks for sharing it.
Love, Mom
wow, all the power to you, that might be some inspiration to kick some of my "addictions!" might give it a try! keep up the great work
Way to go and thanks for the link! I should be doing this with you. I've been off and back on sugar three different times now but I talked to another woman and it took her eight times to finally stick with it. I guess I shouldn't give up!
I think it's fate that we found each other because I decided yesterday after eating a little bit of chocolate and getting sick that I needed to get off it again. Then today was my daughter's birthday so I ate a piece of cake. Yep. Sick again. I guess tomorrow will be day one for me. I'll post about it on my Eatopia blog.
I need to go off sugar again; I noticed that I had a lot more energy when I wasn't eating sugar. Sugarless gum and dried fruit were my best friends those first 4-5 days!
Post a Comment