Monday, January 21, 2008

Let's talk TV

So a lot of you know that I grew up in a house with no TV.  That was pretty much true of my married life too until about 5 years ago. Somehow we now have 4 TV's!  How did this happen? I'm not really sure but it's true.  We still don't have cable but you can tune in a couple of local channels with our classy roof antenna.  

I've discovered the best and only way to watch TV is on DVD. The most annoying thing about TV is the ads and without those it is pretty enjoyable. I've managed to watch several complete series over the last few years thanks to netflix, but my favorite one of all time is LOST.  If you aren't converted yet--rent them now and join the fun--this is definitely a series you have to watch from the begining. It is clever and really well written!  In just 10 short days we will be blessed with the season 4 premier.   To get a taste of what LOST is all about visit youtube and watch the overview clip.  

What are you watching??

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

We have been watching Seinfeld but not with the same fervor as Gilmores to be sure. I like a continuing story so maybe "Lost" is the way to go next. We have got it here so...we'll see.

On a different note...the stock market is scaring us a lot. It is all very curious and frightening. This is such bad timing for us. Bummer!

girlsmama said...

I like Las Vegas. It's a little on the smutty side but it holds my interest for some reason! We also love Heroes, Friday Night Lights, Ugly Betty, Scrubs, and The Office. With that list I think we watch TV too much. We use a DVR recorder so we can fast forward through all the commercials.

D and C said...

you are so funny!! I totally know what you mean...Christian and I have never had cable, and after almost 5 years of marriage, we just got it...our problem...we hardly ever watch it, but when Christian suggests getting rid of it, I feel like it would be like taking my oxygen!! LOL!! I do watch HGTV A LOT, because I LOVE decorating and all of that fun stuff, but honestly...We just dont watch it. BUT...I will say that I have always wanted to find out more about LOST, and your blog has inspired me to do so, so if I get hooked...its SOOOO Jen Mattson's fault! LOL!!!! Thanks for the advice!! ha ha!

Sally said...

I love LOST!!! I didn't start watching until the 3rd season, so I watched the first 2 seasons over a weekend! It's addicting! Also a bit scary when you watch it alone and at 2am! Can't wait to see the premier, I love Jack! (and Sawyer) :)

Laura said...

I might just have to check this out!!! I need a good series to get into, and it would be fun to rent and watch them all!

Jenny said...

Ooh, I've been watching LOST since the 3rd or 4th episode, and I can't wait for it to come back! I think it bogged down a bit in the 2nd season, but came back nicely in the 3rd. We'll have to have a discussion after the season premiere!

Bonnie said...

Not having had TV since you were a little girl we are really enjoying that many of the good series are now available on DVD. I think we are the last people on the planet to see Seinfeld. Last night we watched the Chinese Restaurant episode which we both thought was really the first outstanding one we had seen. We are still in the first season and moving at a snail's pace to get to them. Watching the "behind the scenes" part of that episode was really neat as it pointed out how much NBC hated that one and even held it back for airing because it was just about waiting in "real time" for a seat in a restaurant. It turned out to be the episode that sealed the long running fate of the show. So I am wondering if this means we are now hooked for the duration?

I have only seen Lost a few times but I do agree with Sally. It is a little spooky for me to be watching alone since Dad goes to bed so early to be up by 4:00 am.

V and Co. said...

i'm a little embarassed as to what i watch but i'll let you know of a few of them: OFFICE of course, Grey's, Friday night lights, and all those crime things CSI, NCIS, Criminal minds...so forth. tried to get into pushing daisies, eh-eh, got bored! and lets see, wow i watch a lot! i blame it on DVRs!