Friday, February 29, 2008

Anyone Living in (or Planning to Live in) Utah.....

This is very important!  There is a Bill (senate bill 220) to be voted on this year regarding HOA's and builder liability.  It will affect many homeowners in Utah.  A quote on this Bill:

"In its truest essence, Senate Bill 220 says that if you buy a home that is poorly constructed, the owner, will almost always be responsible to pay to fix the damage, despite the fact that the damage was clearly caused by the builder’s or the developer’s negligence. This bill does nothing more than give a free pass to builders when they build homes replete with construction defects."

To read the article this quote is from click here.
To read more about it click here or here.
To write to State Senators on this matter click here.

Sorry for all the links but this is a huge deal and if it goes thru it will be bad for all the little people--people that invest all their money in once piece of property.  With all the growth in Utah right now we can't afford to let this pass. Please, PLEASE write to your State Senators and let them know that you do not want this bill to pass!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Wow. I wonder if I can pass a bill that says if I do anything crappy then everybody else has to be responsible for my actions. Ohhhh I like that idea....Thanks for the info lady.

Laura said...

Hey, I just posted on my blog, and found out there will be a rally at the Capitol at 11am Monday. The press should be there, which should help to make this better known to the media. The more the merrier, I will be there with my kids. Hope to see you there. Brandon will probably come also with some people from his work if he can---if you can get word out about this too, that would be great. We will also pass out fliers to the legislators.

Laura said...

Hope you don't mind, I borrowed your streamlined version when discussing the Rally! I think my earlier entry was a little wordy and too hard to understand. So, hope that's OK, Laura

Kim said...

Here is the link with the official draft of the entire senate bill 200
http://bb.utahsenate.org/perl/bb/bb_docdisplay.pl?SB0220_text"

V and Co. said...

and i'm talking about decorating and what i ate for dinner on my blog! geesh, i'm so not as cool as you ladies!

Bonnie said...

Vanessa...yes you are too!

Jen what can we do from here. Which person/people should we contact?

This is one of the lamest ideas around. What happened to accountability and best practice?

We are over regulated to death in CA but at least you know you have recourse. It helps protect one for the dishonest!