Yikes! How can it be Saturday again?!? This habit thing is so good for me! I love it! It really makes it simple for me to keep adding new good habits all the time. This last week the kids really loved cooking. I know they like it but as I said it's usually more work for me to have them cook than for me to just do it myself. I need to look at it like I do all the other things they learn which is that it's an investment in the future. For them and for me, in a few years I'll have 2 kids that can cook by themselves when I am busy with Hazel and all her stuff. Plus they can teach Chloe how to cook by then too! Yay! That right there is enough of a reason for me to keep in my habit arsenal!

So I am actually ashamed (and scared) to admit what my new habit is for this week. We live in a very low crime area and I have a terrible, horrid habit of not locking up our house. I hardly lock up when we leave or when we go to bed. I have got to be better about this. So here I am resolving in public: I'm locking it all up! House, cars, everything! I mean the truth of the matter is that crime generally doesn't go down right? Time to start a good habit before I need it.
I'm not sure how I'm going to remind myself to do this yet. I will have to attach it to one of my already existing bedtime and walking-out-the-door habits. So anyway-here's to locking up!
11 comments:
I'm all about your smart habit Saturday, tell me more! And about the cooking, Spencer's teacher cooks with them each Friday in class- she has compiled dozens of recipes that are totally taste and kids friendly. Spencer has made his own cook book with ratings for each recipe- it is so cool. Anyway, if you ever want swap kid recipes I am game!
I would highly encourage you to keep your doors locked. Never leave them open when you are gone because you do not want a surprise visitor in your house when you return. Your cousin Erin is student teaching in LA. Her mentor teacher was stabbed 9 times in the throat and neck while she slept by a completely random attacker looking for money. He went down the row of apartments until he found an open door. She had severe damage to her vocal cords and is lucky to be alive.
You have to think about the fact that transients go through towns all the time. The one murder we had near our house was committed by a guy from the Midwest. I realize it is safer there but it only takes one wacko. I am not trying to scare you...just heighten your awareness. Locking up is a very good habit to establish! Better safe than sorry.
It is more for the personal protection of your family...if they want to stealsomething you have they can get in no problem.
Lady!!! Lock your doors. One day you may come home and I will have moved in.
my mom didnt let me cook cause i would make too much of a mess, i wish she would of let me make the mess so at least i would of known something when i first got married! as for locking doors, here in the middle of nowhere, people actually leave thier car keys in their ignition at all times! i still lock my doors, and i actually had someone say "you still locking your doors? that's so big city!" yikes! well when someone does decide to take off in anybody's car in town, it aint going to be mine!
I would have to agree that locking your doors is a very good habit to get into!!
I am with you-it is so hard sometimes to let them cook. However, we do them a disservice if we don't!
I live in a place that locking is hard also. It is just smart. My husband is the worst.
Thanks for visiting my site!
Teaching kids to help around the house really is an investment for all of you. They'll need those skills one day & it's cheaper than hiring a cook or maid. ;) Until this last year we've always lived in an apartment so having a back door is still fairly new (or I'm terribly slow) but there are times I forget to leave the back door locked which isn't good since it can open on it's own if the wind blows hard enough. Have a great week!
Jen, what is SAHM in your profile? Excuse my ignorance,inquiring minds want to know.
Glad to hear you're locking your doors. I come in and out of the garage, so the front door is almost always locked! But, I chance it sometimes, too. I have been trying to teach the girls basic cooking and basic sewing this past year. It is hard to do when you know you could just do it more quickly yourself, but who else will teach them. You're such a good example to all of us moms! Thanks.
We don't really feel the need to lock our doors around here either but we still do. The ONE time my garage door got left open someone came along and stole my sister's purse out of her car that was parked in it. I didn't feel too guilty about it because she was the one who had forgotten to shut it but still! The really weird part was that my purse was in the back seat with two hundred dollars cash in it and they didn't touch it!
Keep up with the cooking. The thing that drives me crazy when my kids are cooking is when they don't listen to me. For instance I asked my son tonight if he had the pot on low and he said yes but then it started boiling over and when we ran to rescue it I saw that it was really on medium. That's when I sort of just a tiny bit lose my patience!
Bonnie, SAHM is Stay-at-home-mom. So many acronyms!
We make sure we lock our doors every night. During the day they are open because the kids are in and out. If we leave the house they are locked, most of the time.
Our extra protection is our dog! She is the sweetest thing but if anyone gets close to the house, she sounds very scary.
Post a Comment