Monday, March 3, 2008

Salt Lake City

I had a few hours in SLC all to myself this weekend!  It was bizarre and fun!  I went to all my favorite haunts:  Sundance Catalog, Anthropology, Whole Foods,  Sugar House DI...(don't know why I love that one, I must have found something great there once?).  Plus I found a new store that I love!  It's called the Paisley Pomegranate.  It's also in Sugar House in the same parking lot as Whole Foods.  It's just a total conglomeration of unique and one of a kind stuff.  Lots of handmade items and all sorts of funky fab stuff.  If Etsy had a store, this would be it.  I didn't buy anything but I felt cool just for having been there.  I also got to go for a long un-interrupted walk without a stroller!  I got to eat lunch by myself-it only cost $4 and I didn't have to share or talk to anyone or clean anyone up or anything other than sit quietly.  I got to visit a restroom without an entourage, I didn't  have to convince anyone that they had to try to go because we weren't coming back in 15 minutes for them to go.  Over all it was relaxing and too short!  I need about 2 full days of that to totally unwind my stress.    Good luck right??

7 comments:

Laura said...

How fun!!! Sometimes it is so great to be alone! Did you find anything great at the Sugarhouse DI?

Sally said...

It is weird and refreshing to be alone! Good for you!!

Bonnie said...

That is great, Jen. What brought you to SLC? If you have any of my genes and I think you do...I think alone time is absolutely essential. Isn't that why there is a lock on every bathroom door? I remember going in and just hibernating sometimes.

I am glad you had fun, Honey. You need and deserve respite regularly. All you young moms do! I vote for it! Soon we can help more.

V and Co. said...

oh i love to do that, it seems to happen too far in between times...wait i don't think i have another time to have it in between! ahhhh! i'm sure it's just been a really long time ago that i can't remember it! i'm sure jake remembers it though!!!

Lisa Pereira said...

Hooray for alone time. There is definitely a need for it from time to time. I almost don't know what to do with myself when I do get it. I hope it helped you feel rejuvenated! You have a fabulous husband!

D and C said...

GOOD FOR YOU JEN!!! I am glad you got to spend some "jen" time. I love it.

The Pender Family said...

I had 3.75 hours to myself this morning. Was I able to spend it at a day spa or getting my hair or nails done? (Whatever! I've never had my nails done!) Alas, no. I went and got my oil changed. Then I went to 3 different places to get my car smogged and no one was functioning today, so I have to go back on Monday (with children, which defeats the point of why I went today!!!). Then I drove to Fresno and went grocery shopping at Costco and WinCo. I believe you had more fun on your day out than I did! :)