Thursday, February 7, 2008

Fabulous Friday

Here are some fabulous things in my life right now:

1.  Hazel is home: happy and healthy!
2.  I lost weight last week in spite of  PMS, hospital cafeteria food and watching approximately 15 hours of TV a day.  Not much but I still lost!  I even maintained the no sugar rule and did pretty well on the WW points.

3.  I made a fabulous salad  last night:  spinach, fresh blueberries, grated parmesan cheese, peas and poppyseed dressing.  It would be great with chicken or even crumbled bacon as a main dish. Yum!

4.  I am practically an RN!  OK that is probably blasphemous to any RN that reads it...sorry!   But I'm actually having fun playing nurse with Hazel and her IV meds.  I thought it was going to be really scary and hard but it's fun and after watching the nurses do it at the hospital for so long it wasn't that much of a stretch.  I have to admit that this whole experience has made the medical field more interesting to me.  I never used to be able to watch medical TV of any kind but now that it has a little personal connection, I totally love it!  Scrubs here I come!

5.  And speaking of TV, LOST is back on the air and I am so happy!  In other TV news: at the hospital I watched about 1000 episodes of What Not To Wear....FUNNY!  In addition I watched the tackiest show on earth:   How To Look 10 Years Younger.  I hate to admit it but it is also funny and they are pretty good at making people look better!

6. Last but not least:   I'm amazed at how blessed I am in so  many aspects of my life.  I have an amazing family, fabulous friends and a warm comfortable home.  What more can a girl ask for?

That about does it for me!  More later!

15 comments:

Kim said...

We are so glad that you are home. It just isn't the same without being able to drop by your house just to chat or with a beverage. We love you guys!

girlsmama said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad things are good. It's amazing the blessings we have in our lives. It's nice to feel our Savior's love isn't it?

Bonnie said...

I am so proud of you for your WW efforts while gone. Anything like what you experienced throws me off in 5 secs flat. You are so strong and awesome. And while listing all your blessing you forgot to mention you are beautiful..inside and out.

All you skinny chicks are inspiring me!

Love, Ma

D and C said...

You are such an amazing person Jen. I am SO calling Oprah to have you on the show for MOM OF THE YEAR!!!! Hazel is so blessed to have you as her mother! You guys are amazing, and you are in our prayers!!

Bonnie said...

Oprah..Deanna that is brilliant!

Laura said...

Congrats on the weight loss; especially when you are so stressed and eating hospital food. You are amazing. Talk about making lemons into lemonade.

Bonnie said...

Jen I have always loved the magazine photo of you and Lowell. Thanks for including it so we can have it forever!

Gail Victoria said...

I love that photo of you and Lowell! Is it weird that you and Lowell have doubles living parallal lives somewhere? What magazine did you find that in? Funny, this is how I imigine you two.

Gail Victoria said...

imagine.....I can spell.....relly

Sally said...

Jen, I am happy that you are back at home with your baby! I love reading your blog! That magazine picture is hilarious!

V and Co. said...

okay besides having a huge grin on my face because you are so excited and i love it! i absolutley LOVE the picture of you and lowell! crazy that you found that! love it!

laura.elizabeth said...

Ditto on the whole Mom-of-the-Year / Oprah thing! I am serious- you are amazing!

Bonnie said...

It is funny how your sister studied nursing and you teaching and then she ended up home schooling last year and now you are a nurse. It just shows how versatile you have to be as a mom! I am proud of both of you..more than you know! Love, Mom

Jim said...

Life is amazing and so you you and Lowell. We are all luck to know each other as will as we do. Please know that our prayers are with all of The Stewarts.

the Token Asian said...

Welcome home. A little belatedly, but there it is. Hazel is adorable- scrubs and all. ( I actually like them- easy entry and all.)

Side note: I caught Leroy watching What Not to Wear!! We had a little Not Wearing marathon, he and I. it's strangely addictive.

Side-note-to-the-side-note. Or maybe that should be the side by side note? Anyway, love that pic. Wow was that ever anticlimactic.