Saturday, February 2, 2008

Greetings from my first "LIVE BLOG"....

So I guess 'live blogging' is when you blog about something that is actually happening? I don't know, but here I am.

Our Little Hazel is up here at the children's hospital. The doctors are still a bit baffled about what's going on with her. She's had tons of testing (blood work, UA, CAT scan, X rays, mucus testing, spinal fluid tap...) but the only thing they know for sure is that she has an infection. They just don't know where or why. Her fever was up in the 104-105 range and that was really scary, but it is down now and they are getting a handle on it with tylenol. The best I could get out of the Dr. today was that they are trying to decide weather to put in a PICC line and send us home on IV antibiotics or to take her off the antibiotics and watch her here so they can pin point the problem. Either way the soonest we'll be outta here is Monday...sheesh! I think the main worry is that they feel it might be something with the shunt needing to be replaced which means surgery, and they don't want to do surgery unless they absolutly have to. On the other hand if they don't do it and she needs it it can cause a lot of other problems. Fun times!

Anyway- we are just praying and hoping they figure things out asap. I am not thrilled that it's the weekend and that tomorrow is the super bowl. The hospital is bad enough on a regular sunday!

We'll keep you posted. Will someone e mail this link to Becca please? THX!

Love from
Jen & Hazel

9 comments:

D and C said...

You guys are ALL in our prayers. I really pray that they figure things out, and although its frustrating, it is comforting to know that she is in good hands!!
Good luck, get some rest, and know we are thinking about you guys!!!

Bonnie said...

Since tomorrow is Fast Sunday I am hoping many will include Hazel and her physicians in their fast. I will send the link to Becca, Honey. Hang in there I have a peaceful feeling she will just fine in time. Hugs for all of you...Love,Mom

girlsmama said...

Jen our thoughts and prayers are with you all! You are loved and in good hands. Hold her tight and love her!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

The Hopkins are including Hazel in our fast and prayers today...hope you feel our love.

Laura said...

What a nightmare, I am praying that they will identify the problem soon!!! Love you Miss Jen and hope you can all return home soon, Laura

Sally said...

Oh Jen!! I am sorry, I hope they figure out the problem and that it doesn't include surgery. We will keep you all in our prayers!! If you need anything or want some company/food at the hospital please let me know!! Love you!

Karla said...

My prayers are with you. .

Jenny said...

Jen,

I'm so sorry to hear Hazel's sick. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you. We'll definitely keep you both in our thoughts and prayers!

V and Co. said...

JEN! I AM SO SORRY! We will be praying for that little girl and for the rest of the fam too! love you guys!