So, this week went pretty well with having my husband and kids do the dishes each night. They all complained pretty loud the first night but the grumbling has diminished with each passing day. I managed to do all of the baby's daily stuff while they did the dishes in about 20-30 minutes. The physical therapist came one day this week and said she could really see a difference in Hazel's posture from her last visit. Don't know if our new habit had anything to do with it but we'll take all we can get. Anyway, I don't know if I'd call this a habit yet but we will keep at it.The new thing I am working on this week is my cell phone. Did anyone read about that woman that got stranded in her car during a giant snowstorm in Utah last week? She was 8 months pregnant and the only reason they found her was because she had her cell phone with her, she called someone and told them where she was. Anyway, I've had a cell phone for a long time but I rarely use it. I am terrible about charging it, I don't answer it most of the time when it rings and I make about 2 calls on it myself in a month. Seriously, one month last year I used 11 of my 1500 minutes...now that's not 1100 minutes but 11 minutes. Some might say this is a waste of money but I feel like I have to be available to my kids when they are at school and I'm out and about. I have also found that I use it a lot when the baby is in the hospital but as for day to day use I need to be better about having it charged and with me incase of emergency.
OK after all that babbling: I'm going to work on keeping my phone charged and taking it with me when I leave the house. We'll see...
9 comments:
I did read that story about the woman! That was crazy. I am really good about having my cell phone with me when I leave but I have a bad habit of leaving it in the car. So I got a car charger. But I use my phone way more than you! Good luck with your new habit! I worked on two loads of laundry a day last week, I did pretty well. I have to think about something for this week...
Just a word of caution about charging your phone every night. If you charge it everynight when the battery is not low then you will get what they call a lazy battery and it will die sooner. I don't use mine very often either. I tend to leave it on in the bottom of the diaper bag and try to remember to charge it when it dies. I also have a car charger.
I just keep my cell phone in my purse and my charger by my bed. My purse goes to bed with me every night so it's easy to remember to plug it in although I only charge mine about every three days because I worry about ruining the battery.
That sounds great,Jen, I am glad that the family sees their role in Hazel's growth and development. Any baby is a family affair especially one with special needs.
Did they take her off the meds yet?
It is true about the lazy battery but just check it every night and charge as needed. With a car charger you can charge it while you are running around. I do that a lot You can talk on the phone even if the battery is near dead if you have the charger plugged in.
I like you new blogger template! You have to teach me how to save the customized stuff. I am ready for a new one too. Talk soon...Love, Mom
OK Good to know about the battery. We'll try for keeping it charged on a regular basis instead of every night.
OH I'm so glad that having some help with the dishes is working out for you! Sounds like they will just have to get used to it, if it's having such a positive result! I share the charging issue with you *blushes* you might try keeping a car charger in the glove box for emergencies, or just use your drive time as your charge time! Good luck being SMART this week!
I don't come anywhere close to using all my minutes either...I primarily have the phone for emergencies and "need an immediate answer" kind of stuff.
It makes me feel a lot better when I'm out with the kids to know that I can reach someone quickly if I need to!
Glad to hear the good report about your baby! I wouldn't doubt your new habit had an effect on it. Keep up the good work! I keep my cell charged and use it at least once a day. Though since getting the house phone I use it less often and was able to lower my minutes. Have a great week!
Hey! I am in Utah too...
Jack is my third child. He was born with multiple birth defects cleft palate, metopic synostosis,ptosis and is developmentally delayed and hearing impaired.- He has spent lots of time in the hospital and is our surgery boy. He is trying to walk and uses sign language to talk. He turned 2 in December and barely weighs 20 pounds. He is a joy and a blessing. But the first year was very hard to adjust. He has a nurse, PT, OT and Speech therapist- a lot of our time goes to Jack. He is doing great and adds so much to the family. Being a mom to a child with special needs was never a role I thought much about. But it is a beautiful and rewarding, and sometimes, deeply grief ridden ride. Kids Who Count is the early intervention group helping us out- aside from the therapists coming here to visit, Jack goes to class twice a week with his peers.
We actually don't know what Jack's future holds, we take it a day at a time and just figure God sent him here like this for a reason.
How are you doing with little Hazel? I would love to see you and your family some time.We are in Spanish Fork- south of Provo.Where are you guys?
Maybe I can make you one of my yummy healthy treats!
Post a Comment