If you have been following my mom's blog then you know a little bit about Hazel's recent struggles. She is so sweet and such a happy little one, it's so sad to see her struggle so much with stuff we have no control over. She has some kind of virus or infection that is just not showing itself. Her lab work isn't giving many hints as to what the problem is. Everyday she gets a fever (ranging from 100.5-103.5) in spite of being on antibiotics, she's pale and lethargic and unresponsive. She has been like this for over a month now! We've been to the Dr's office about 8 times in the last 4 weeks and are literally on a first name basis with the office staff. Needless to say we're baffled, frustrated and worried.
We had a good friend come over Sunday to give her a blessing. In the blessing he said that she was sent to us for a specific purpose and that her mission here is not yet fulfilled. He said that she had many trials yet to come and that the people around her need to be faithful and still have things to learn. He also said that God is the only one that knows what is wrong at this time. He also said we all have to be patient.
This is not the kind of stuff I really wanted to hear but in my heart of hearts I knew to be true. We just keep praying that we can meet her needs and be patient and learn whatever it is we need to learn fast!
Say lots of prayers for her and fast with us on Sunday if you can! We love you and thank you all for your support and thoughts and notes and prayers.
Jen & Lowell
10 comments:
It would be a good idea for people to call their local temples and put her name on the prayer rolls too. She's already on the Oakland Temple Prayer rolls. Maybe if you call in you could let us know which temple. I also don't mind calling a bunch of them as needed. In fact, I will call Sacramento, LA, and Fresno today. I will add your whole family, Jen.
Jen and Lowell,
I love your beautiful family.
We will there soon.
Love, Dad
Jen I am so sorry your little baby has to go through this...I am also sorry your family has to go through this experience. It really is so hard to have no control over the pain a little one is experiencing. I have called the Bountiful Temple and will fast for you all. You are all in my thoughts ans prayers.
you can add me in to fasting. that little girl is so precious it kills me just to read it all! oh jen! you and the family must be going through things i wouldnt even know how to begin to know how it feels. i hope you are able to have the help and support of your ward and i already know your family rallys around you, i just wish we could just make it all better. i will pray for your family too! love you!
Oh Jen, my heart aches for little Miss Hazel & your whole family. I can not imagine how hard it would be for you to be in this position. With a child facing this, and not knowing. You are an amazing woman & without knowing your husband personally I know he is an amazing man, you are both just wonderful parents. I know you must be learning & living patience each & every day with working through this. You will be blessed, you are blessed & will continue to be blessed, your whole family. I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you, & will be joining with you & many others this fast Sunday with a prayer for Hazel. Thank you for keeping us posted in things. Love Marianne
We'll fast with you! I hope you and Lowell will get some rest and peace of mind.
Jen- I am so sorry!! I have experienced the frustration of trying to carry a burden that just seems to heavy to bear. I have experienced problems that require every ounce of faith I can muster. And I also know (because a great lady once told me) todays trails are tomorrows testimony! Hang in there.
We will continue to pray for Hazel and for the doctors that work with her. We will pray for you and Lowell and the girls too. And of course, we will fast for everyone on Sunday.
What more can we do? I feel so helpless? Know that we love you!
I can't believe she's been going through this for a month, and you too! We'll fast on Sunday!!
I can take your kids whenever you need me, just call!!
hey Jen Hang in there! one thing i know for sure is that blessings, prayers, and fasting help. are prayers,and thoughts and are with Hazel and your wonderful family!
stewcrew is me Kristina Stewart
Post a Comment