Saturday, June 28, 2008

Jump For Joy!

Hazel is finally starting to feel better! Yay!!! She had her shunt tapped yesterday and the test came back looking normal. They started her on heavier antibiotics (ABs) right after the tap and then this morning she started to look and act better. She still has a tiny fever but that has been controllable with Motrin and Tylenol. She's had an allergic reaction to one of the AB's so they have her on Benadryl too so she's getting a bit more sleep. She's eating well, playing, 'talking' and smiling too! These are all things we haven't seen for a while so I am one happy mom!

The bad news is that they STILL don't know what she has! We know a lot of things that she doesn't have but so far nothing conclusive to pin this whole thing on. Hmmmm....This sounds familiar...

Hazel is such a blessing to us, the hardest thing in this situation is watching your child suffer and not being able to do anything for them. I'm learning....I'm not sure what yet, other than that we are not in charge here. All you control freaks out there -and you know who you are-I'm learning how to put that one to bed! It stinks but I guess this is something I need to learn and God sent me a tiny little teacher. I hope I pass the test.

8 comments:

girlsmama said...

Yay! I'm sure it is such a wonderful feeling to see your baby behaving like your baby! We'll keep the prayers and fasts going!

V and Co. said...

oh jen YAY!!! we'll keep praying for the little one! i'm glad your mom can be there!

Tammie said...

We'll keep praying over here! You are an amazing example to all of us! Thank you!

laura.elizabeth said...

I am definitely one of those "control freaks" you mentioned- so thanks for sharing your experiences with Hazel. They are teaching moments for me too!

I am constantly amazed at how God loves and tries us. He really is aware of what we need and is willing to allow us to struggle through difficult situations in life to obtain it. I see this over and over and over again in my life.

I am grateful for the perspective of the gospel that helps me to see my trails as a gift from my loving Father in Heaven. I know that as I consecrate all that I have and all that I am to Him, I can overcome every obstacle, every trail of faith, every sorrow, every heartache.

I love you Jen- hang in there and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Gail Victoria said...

I am so glad to hear Hazel's doing so much better! I know that makes you all better!

Aunt Gail

rwmjs said...

Our love to all--We are so Happy that Hazel is feeling some better and taking her bottle! What a sweetheart she is and I just want to be there and give her a hug! We wish we could make it all better but we know you are in the best possible place for her and we appreciate all they are doing to try and find the cause of the problem.
Our hearts go out to you guys with all your courage and strength. Our faith and prayers are with you!!

Bonnie said...

We truly have been so blessed here. Just days ago things were looking very grim and now the light is so bright. This team of docs has worked so hard and I truly believe they have been inspired to know what to do. The blessing from Adrian defintely told us what would happen and it has. Faith and patience~Hazel has mission yet unfulfilled! Part of that mission is to bring us joy and that she does so well! We are very thankful tonight for many answered prayers.

Jim said...

Good News!!!!

From one parent to another I am soooo happy and relieved to know that YOU are felling better. We feel for you the way you feel for Hazel. The "out-of-control" (OOC) feeling is horrible especially when it is your child that is hurting.

Well, I am so HAPPY that Hazel is comfortable and able to enjoy life once again. It is a blessing that she has you and Lowell for parents and that you have all that support from PCMC. We need to do something for them.

Give Hazel and ALL my girls (ok and Lowell too) a big huge and kiss form me. Give my sweety two of each.

I love and miss you all.
Love, Dad