Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Poll: Food Processors

Meet The Lazy Organizer and join in Talk About Tuesday if you feel so inclined.

I've actually had this poll up for almost a week.  If it closed before you got here just tell me your thoughts in a comment.  Oops and sorry!

The time has come for me to get a food processor.  I've heard thru the grapevine that this is really the only appliance you need in your kitchen because it replaces so many things like stand mixers and blenders and whatnot.  So I need you all to chime in with your opinion as I have no idea what to get.  

My KitchenAid died recently and it was a very, very sad day.  It's time for me to add a food processor to my 'Wish List for Lowell' but I have a feeling I better be pretty specific or I'll end up with a $1000+ industrial, gourmet, super food processor.  So vote and then if you have a food processor leave me a comment and tell me the details (brand, price range, likes and dislikes). Thanks!

15 comments:

Karla said...

Okay pcikels, here’s the scoop. I love my Kitchen Aid and my Cuisinart. They are both fantastic, but if I had to pick one it would be the Kitchen Aid. (It kneads bread and I love that.) The Cuisinart is fantastic for grating but it does have a lot of things (blades, parts, lids. . .) that can make it cumbersome.

Good luck. . . I hope you get something that works perfectly for you :)

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I can't remember the last time I used my food processor. I just have a mini one--it uses the same motor as my blender (which I also never use!) I think the last time I used it may have been when I was making baby food--and my younger child is almost 2.5, so my baby food making days were over awhile ago!

However, I do love my Kitchen Aid mixer and have only good things to say about the Kitchen Aid brand. So, for that reason I vote for going with a Kitchen Aid.

~ Sarah

Richelle said...

My vote is yes, and its alright. I don't use it all that much. I actually use my blender and my kitchen aid more. We have a stick blender that came with a little food processor attachment (the bowl is probably only 1 1/2 to 2 cups). We use it more than our big one. We use it for little things like chopping up onions or making baby food.

girlsmama said...

I have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer and food processor. We use the mixer way more. But for certain tasks the food processor can't be replaced. I use it for Hummus, large quantities of cheese, veggies to hide in baked goods, and pie crust. It was a gift but I'm guessing in the $100-$200 range.

Jim said...

OK, here is the deal...A 18v, cordless, variable speed w/reverse, 1/2 inch key-less chuck DeWalt Drill/Driver will do it all. End of story!

laura.elizabeth said...

I love Dad's comment. We actually don't have a food processor but my kitchen Aid just died too- I was SOOO sad too! I use the kitchen aid a lot and i use the vita mix a lot too. TO be honest, I don't even know what you use a food processor for? I know the Wadsworth clan is converted to Bosch food processors. They swear by them (well not really because they are Wadsworth's but you get the idea) Sorry I can be more help- I hope you get something great though.

Gail Victoria said...

I have one of each but it basically comes down to what kind of cooking you do. Me - very little! So I'm going for the Kitchen Aid. That said, if you pre-prepare/freeze things like cheese, soups etc. then I would go for a food processer. Ah go ahead, get one of each!

Jenny said...

Your dad is too funny! And hey, what's the problem with a top-of-the-line, fancy schmancy food processor? Just the overwhelming sense of guilt and dread when you consider all that that money could have bought? Yeah, thought so. I wish I could offer advice on a food processor, but I don't have one. I actually didn't think I needed one until I started watching Food Network. Now I know all the "real" chefs use them. ;) They have a nice-looking Cuisinart at Costco I'd probably go for if I were in the market for one right now, though!

mandy* said...

I love your dad! That is such a Mattson thing to say!!! Anyway, I have a Cuisinart food processor and used it all the time when we first got married. Now it sits in a cabinet above our stove and is in desparate need of attention. Please blog about yours when you get it - I know I will be inspired.

Jenny Beth said...

I don't think you can replace the Kitchenaid type stand mixer with a food processor. I do different things with each. I know you can buy all kinds of attachments for the kitchenaid to make it do things that the fp can do. I haven't bought them. I used to own a Bosch mixer (a hand-me-down from my Gramma) and it finally died (about 30 years old) a couple years ago. I now have a Kitchenaid Professional and I love it, but I still liked my Bosch better. I would at least check into the Bosch brand! Good luck and let us all know what you decide.

Mrs. O said...

I have a mini one that I use all the time, but I still rely on my mixer.

Lara said...

I have a small FP that attaches to my Bosch mixer. I like it but I need something bigger. I couldn't live without my Bosch, by the way. I do a lot of baking and use it every day.

Rae said...

Hi Miss Jen! Thanks for your comment! I do not have a FP but would love to have one. I envision making scrummy yummy pesto with it. I have a garden and every year, at the end of summer, I end up having tons of basil leftover and thinkg, "Now wouldn't it be great to make pesto?" Maybe this is the year I do it....along with the chickens next spring! :)

P.S. I actually voted in your poll last week! Can you guess which category I chose? :)

Anonymous said...

I just have a mini one because I am an apartment dweller. Honestly, I don't really use it that much.

Jennifer said...

In the past I have had some small single-serving type ones that were great for making salsa and refried beans, but weren't big enough to actually do much else with. I would love to get a food processor. I'm not real picky except that it has to be big enough to create at least 4 servings of whatever we're making, strong enough to chop ice for smoothies, and a pouring spout for those smoothies and pancake batter would be a plus.