
Hazel's mystery illness continues-still no sign of what the exact problem is. She was transfered up
PCMC yesterday and is waiting for lab results on several viruses and other odd diseases before they relent and tap her shunt. They want to check the spinal fluid but hate to risk introducing bacteria to the shunt. She has developed a few other symptoms (rash, distended tummy, very low white blood cell count) so that gives them a few more clues but she is pretty uncomfortable and we really need to get to the bottom of whatever the problem is.
Again, we thank you so much for your prayers, notes, calls and good thoughts! We will be fasting this sunday and thanks for joining us if you can! More as things develop.
6 comments:
Poor sweetie! I'm sorry Jen! You're all in our prayers! Love you!
Miss Jen, I continue to pray for her throughout the day, and also for you and Lowell. Little Hazel is such a little fighter. I just hate to think of her so miserable. I really hope they can figure it out and SOOOOOOOON! I will be fasting on SUnday, Love you, Laura
Jen, Have the checked for Kawasaki Syndrome? Sedona had that when she was young and the symptoms really sounds the same. She ended up in the hospital for a week, but was treated with IVAG and completely recovered. When she was diagnosed, her Dr. said that it was a tough one to get a diagnosis for because there is no blood test etc. they use. You are in our prayers...
i'm so sorry, we'll keep you in our prayers
We will fast with you too! Keep up your strength and patience. Easier said than done right?
Hi Jen,
This is your niece Anna. I just found your blog through your moms. Just wanted to let you and Lowell know we are thinking and praying for your little Hazel, she is just darling. I will keep checked up on you!
Love Anna
Post a Comment