When you have a kid with a disability or a chronic health issue it feels like your parenting skills are constantly under the microscope. You get a lot of normal questions like:
How much does she eat? When does she eat? How does she eat? Can I watch her eat?
But then there are other questions like:
Does she use her thumbs? What hand does she favor? Is she using all the fingers on that hand? How many times a day does she put her hands in her mouth? Is she putting her hands in her mouth while using her fingers and using her thumbs on the favored hand??
Ummmm...What!?!?!?
Then the fun starts all over again with some other topic or a new doctor.
So one of the questions about 4 months ago was: Is she babbling with consonants? (?!?! It was explained to me as 'mamamama' or 'babababa' as opposed to open vowel sounds like 'aaaahhh' or 'ooooooh'). At the time she was just starting with her now signature "uh-hu"...so I was worried and desperately trying to remember when my other kids started babbling with consonants (yah right!) Well, I am happy to report that Hazel is officially babbling with consonants! We've had a 'dada', a few 'nananas' and yes, it's true a 'mama'! I'm thrilled!
4 comments:
Yay for Hazel! And good for you for being a good mom!
It is the cutest thing to hear her talk. This morning she just did a little dance to the music of her little overhead gym...whatever they are called. So cute!
I love that baby babble! So cute!
Yeah!!! What a little sweetheart---that is always a Mom's favorite new word--"Mama"---now I know the official lingo-----for speaking with consonants. How funny. What a pain to deal with all the Dr.'s! You are a trooper!
Post a Comment