Saturday, July 5, 2008

Why???


Why am I sitting here reading back issues of People Magazine? I'm with my daughter in the hospital...we're on day 13 and in her room I have *brand new* issues of Consumer Report, Cooking Light, Time, The Ensign, The Friend and the New Era. Not to mention the fact that I obviously have internet access and could be doing research on the strange and undiagnosable illness my baby has. (You know that it's every doctors dream to hear parents say, "I read about her symptoms on line...."!) I also have a sewing project, 3 unread novels and thank you cards I could write but no, I'm reading back issues of People.

Here are the top 10 things I've learned from my reading:

10. Prince is 50!
9. Lindsey Lohan has a girlfriend(!?) Does the train wreck ever end???
8. Tori Spelling needs to give it up and stop taking out 'ads' in Daddy's magazine.
7. Apparently you can get back into shape within 4-6 weeks of giving birth. I didn't get the memo and please...no one tell my husband.
6. The Depps, the Beckhams and the Jolie-Pitts are all neighbors with their French chateaus.
5. Reece Witherspoon is a spokesperson for Avon?!?!
4. If I read one more thing about S*x and the City, I will hurl.
3. This is the only publication with a crossword I can come close to finishing.
2.There are about 7 ads for prescription drugs in each issue.
1. I have a hard time feeling sorry for people with this much money, but I love to read about them...I just can't look away!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Hey, I just love to read People and other trashy mags also!!! There is something about mindless reading that is so helpful sometims!!! Lindsey makes us all feel so much better about our life!!!!

laura.elizabeth said...

You are so funny! And I totally hear you. I am the same way- I just can't get over these people. I wonder if money really makes people crazy, if they were crazy before the money, or if I am the crazy one for spending the little money I have to read all about it. It is rather perplexing. Anyway, happy "People" reading!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I feel exactly the same way! People is like a magnet - it even makes me look forward to going to the dentist... It might be because it makes me feel so secure in my life - by comparison I'm doing Okee Dokee!

Bonnie said...

Jen you're so funny! I love your sense of humor! What a blessing for you! Life without laughter is pretty sad. Now go read that Ensign!

beth said...

i SUBSCRIBE, and i can't think of a more deserving person to DECOMPRESS!! Your angel is in our prayers!!

Sally said...

Hilarious Jen! Glad you can laugh! Whatever with the baby weight loss in 4-6 weeks! Yeah, maybe for anorexics! :)

mandy* said...

I'm a People Magazine-orexic. When I find an old one in my stack of magazines, I will sit and read it like it's brand new. Why? I don't know...

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the S-x in the City thing.

Mrs. O said...

Sometimes a fluff read can be just the ticket to gaining perspective.

Rae said...

I have debated for years whether or not I should break down and get a subscription to People. Thanks for all the info! I too will be praying for your little chick-a-dee!!