Sunday, August 9, 2009

Battle of the Sexes

Lowell and I tend to have the same few fights over and over. One of our favorite arguments around here is over the garbage (Silly, I know! but I doubt very much that we are alone in this). I think he needs to take it out as soon as the garbage hits the top of the can and he just generally feels that we produce too much garbage. I don't actually disagree with him on that but...to his chagrin I will quote my mother here and say, "It is what it is"! We are 6 middle class Americans--we produce a lot of garbage. It's what we do.

This weekend we've hit a new low on the garbage disagreement. I like to call it a sculpture--but it can also go by 'pile', 'heap' or even 'grouping'. Here it is:


The white cabinet houses our rubbermaid type garbage can which is full in this picture. Then I just started to stack things on top. We also have a small garbage colony:


This lovely hanging garbage colony (HGC) threatens to grow as there are still 2 unoccupied knobs on that shelf to hang more garbage on.

How long will the sculpture and it's colony be with us? Only time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

-- Post From My iPhone

6 comments:

mandy* said...

Jen...I'm dying. That is so funny! I'm glad Mark and I aren't the only married couple that has arguments over stupid stuff. Keep blogging about this one. I'm curious to find out if the garbage pile keeps growing.

Bonnie said...

This is so funny! I have been there and witnessed this. I should do one of these on the office at our house. I will the next time it gets like this. Our is a cold war though. I seeth, he gloats!

laura.elizabeth said...

I am laughing so hard I am crying. Only because I can relate. Our garbage issues are similar only Robert has enlisted (or rather drafted) the boys to help. The result... more garbage in the house than on the curb. Anyway, I am anxious to see what comes of your sculpture and colony.

Sally said...

I love you Jen! Hold your ground! :)

Laura said...

I love the sculpture! I am always shocked at the amount of garbage we produce. That's my boys job, take out all the trash for Mommy.

Anonymous said...

This is why I love you so much. Also, watch this.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3072786457/