Went to see Juno (nominated for 3 Oscars) and it is really fantastic. Go see it, it's actually worth 7 or 8 bucks. I'm wondering about the other 4 best picture Oscar nominations? Has anyone seen them?? (Michael Clayton, There Will Be Blood, Atonement, and No Country for Old Men). Or any great movies you've seen lately.
3 comments:
I LOVED Juno. I really did, I actually blogged about it a few days ago. Fantastic movie. I have not seen any of the others yet that you mentioned, but...I did see P.S. I love you and that was pretty good as well. I had read the book, so I was anticipating a "not so good" rendition of the book, but it was actually pretty good. Then, the other night, Liz Muhlestein and I decided to torture our husbands on a double date to go see 27 dresses. I was actually not expecting to enjoy it, but it really was super cute, so that is one I would say to see too!!!
DON'T go see NATIONAL TREASURE! Brandon was dying to see it so we took the older boys last night. I could NOT stand it. A waste of time in my opinion. Horrible plot, WAY over the top in ridiculous plotline, annoying how EVERY little thread of the plot completely ironed out to perfection. I would've loved to walk out if it hadn't been a family affair. Wanted to barf afterwards. Yeah, I have pretty subtle opinions, huh.
It is funny how everyone's taste is different. I saw Juno and when I left I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I have been analyzing my reaction and I have come up with a couple of theories.
I had a hard time coming close to the characters. I think the main character was a little edgy as you would say. Just a little to flip about everything which made it hard for me to like her a lot. I did not like the step-mother or the adoptive dad and was only medium on the adoptive mom. The people I thought were the most real were the dad and the boyfriend. What I did love was the outcome although I would have liked them to skip the whole adoptive dad thing and just have them be a normal family. But then I guess normal isn't big at the box office. I still gave it four stars though because of the sweetness of the adoption concepts between the mother and adoptive mother. That was cool.
Post a Comment