Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Movie Review: Dan in Real Life


Soooo.... I realize that everyone in America has seen this already but I just saw it last night and I really liked it.  The story was fairly typical but Steve Carrell was great.  He has a good range in his acting in this movie.  He goes from silly to hilarious to sincere.  That surprised me since I think of him as a total goofball.  The rest of the cast was great too! The girls that play his daughters are funny and quite good, Juliette Binoche is lovely as his love interest), Dane Cook plays his brother and I loved  John Mahoney from Fraisier as his dad.

Over all it was well worth the 75¢ I paid for it and it might be one that I'd even buy.  I don't really collect movies so the fact that I'm considering 2 at the moment ( #2:  Juno) is down right amazing!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I have not seen this yet but I will buy it when it comes out. I have heard good things.

Laura said...

I am excited to see this and add it to the list. Always looking for good movies!!

Jenny said...

We loved this one, too! Fun to see Steve Carrell in a role where he wasn't completely obnoxious and over the top.