I did really well on both of my new habits this week! I am so happy for me! The kids and hubby did the dishes every night while I did the baby's PT & meds and stuff. Even on the evenings when she was already in bed I still had them do the dishes just to keep up the habit.I also did well with my phone this week. I took it with me everywhere and it only got completely de-charged one time. The biggest shocker of all: I actually used it once or twice!
So I need to keep up with those 2 habits this next week and I am going to add having the kids make dinner one night each. They can pick the menu items and we can make the meal together. I've bounced this one around a few times but really it is so much more work to teach them how to cook than it is to just do it yourself! I always have them cook for a few weeks and then give up when we are having a hectic week. So I am re-resolving to let my kids cook at least one night a week each. I might throw Lowell in there too and let him have a night all to himself to cook for us!
Good luck in developing your new habits! To join Lara and all the other SMARTies click here
9 comments:
I love this one! We started at the beginning of the year. Daddy takes each girls on a date and then they have one night a week where they help me cook dinner. I do have to provide a little direction on choosing what were having once in a while(Maggie wanted pickles and cereal one night), but other than that it's been working out well. The girls really enjoy it and I usually do too. :) Good luck!
That is great---you are making and keeping so many great goals! You are an inspiration!!!
It sounds great! Maybe your girls will love it so much that they'll start helping you with dinner every night! I used to go crazy supervising my two oldest in the kitchen with me but it was worth it because they are so much help to me now. Last night we made stir fry and they chopped all the veggies while I did the rest of it. Something that used to take me forever to make was fast and easy!
Have a great week!
YAY YOU! That's so awesome to have help from the family! I think having help with cooking would be great too! And it teaches them some important lessons at the same time, good for you! If they come up with some easy but tasty recipes, let us know! I would LOVE to get my kids into this. Good luck being SMART this week!
That is so awesome Jen. Good for you, you have inspired me to try to get some things in my life organized too!!!
Hope you guys are doing well!
Ahhh to be organized. It really has been a life long dream for me...Sigh
Lead out Jen!!...Thank you Lowell, Piper, Julia, and Chloe for doing your part...This is good1
Even though it takes more time starting out teaching your kids to cook is something they will thank you for later. I picked up a few lessons at home but still get frustrated and don't enjoy cooking - I might like it more if I had learned more earlier. Glad the family is doing great with the dishes routine. Have a great week!
Hooray. Great job on the keeping up the first goals. Good luck!
Post a Comment