I found a fabulous post on 'cleaning' on the same site. It is a fantastic post because it is funny and really does have some good tips for a quick pick up. Find out how to pretend clean your house for unexpected visitors.
I apply the same principals from this post to myself in the morning at the hospital when I have to wake up and talk to doctors. So here it is:
How to smell like you're clean and fresh when you've been cooped up in a hospital room and sweating for 19 hours.
1. Wash off all of your make up and I mean all! No leaving a little mascara under the eye and hoping it looks like smoky eyeliner. After a night on a plastic chair it just looks like you're 10 years older and you have bags under your eyes. Get it all off!
2. Put on your eye cream and moisturizer. It helps for some reason, I don't know why.
3. Brush your teeth or in a pinch chew gum or eat about 6 mints. One won't do it, trust me.
4. Baby wipes are your friend. Use them to clean all the spots on your tired old bod that need cleaning. Apply lots of deodorant and a spritz of perfume if you have it. Scented lotion will also do in a pinch.
5. If your shirt is less than presentable turn it inside out. Seams are better than stains/spills right?
6. Hair...this is a tough one since everyone has different hair but if you have a 'no-shower-morning' hair do then go for that. If you are like me and your hair only lasts one day at best then go for the ponytail or at least brush it out and tuck it behind the ears. A spritz of perfume in the hair never hurt anyone either.
This should buy you a few hours while you wait for the doctors and until you can get to a shower and a hair dryer!
2 comments:
I LOVE this post, I am not in a hospital, but I am so lame with my appearance, this may help me up my standards on daily basis. These tips may help people cope who have to be in my presence on a daily basis.
Jen you always look as fresh as a daisy at the hospital! Good tips! That pleather bed is the worst!
Post a Comment